COVID-19 Policies for the Diocese of Colorado Springs:
Bishop Michael Sheridan, along with the other two bishops of Colorado, has announced that all public Masses will be canceled from March 13th to and including March 31st, 2020; this includes daily Masses. Parishioners are dispensed from the Sunday obligation to attend Mass per Bishop Sheridan’s letter to the pastors.
The OLP parish office will remain open for now.
All OLP events, ministries, and Faith Formation programming are canceled until and including March 31st 2020.
Please stay in tune to our website OLP website
For Sacramental emergencies, please contact the parish office at 719-495-2351.
Please pray for this global situation especially for those who are most vulnerable. Pray for our health workers and all those who are providing incredible service.
We’re encouraging all to wear our distinctive OLP apparel when participating in parish activities. From our current inventory we have:
- Jackets: 4 size L
- Long Sleeve Shirts: 2 size M
- Short Sleeve Shirts: 3 size XXL, 1 size XL, 2 size L
- Vests: 1 size L
Short sleeve shirts are priced at $15, long sleeve shirts and vests are priced at $20, and jackets are priced at $40. We’re looking for a future supplier but the future prices will be higher. Please come prepared with your payment at the next meeting, if you’re interested in purchasing these items. Our Financial Secretary, Vic Villiard, will be taking those payments. Thank you.
1. There has been a huge change to change to the way Knights will be initiated into the order. There will be one ceremony that will bring new members to full knighthood to replace the separate first, second and third degree ceremonies. In addition, there will be no veil of secrecy for this ceremony and families and the general public will be encouraged to attend.
2. Please don’t discuss the old ceremonies because councils still have them scheduled and they are still secret.
3. Under the new system, first and second degrees can attend the same ceremony as new members to become third degree knights. In the new ceremony, there will be a presenter for each ideal of the order, charity, unity and fraternity, an MC, a warden and a Priest or Deacon (if available). No memorization is required for those conducting the ceremony.
4. The idea behind the change: The old system began development in 1882 when the Knight’s of Columbus competed with other fraternal organizations. It’s initiation process and hierarchy was created to be similar to the other organizations. Although this served well for many years, it has been an impediment for new members in more recent times. The idea of this change was first discussed in 1988 so Supreme was slow to implement it, but they really saw a need at this time.
5. We will in the not to distant future hold the new degree ceremony. It will we for all new members as well as first and second degrees to get up to speed with the new combined degree rank. The only thing keeping us from scheduling it now is we need the training on how to do the new ceremony.
6. The ideal situation is to hold the degree ceremony in conjunction with the Mass.
The Fourth Degree has not changed.
Here is a chance to earn your 4th Degree (the patriotic degree) on George Washington’s Birthday. Of course you need to attain your 2nd and 3rd degrees before you can do this.
From: Robert Sherman
Attached is District Master, Roger Muller’s, letter concerning the Exemplification of the Patriotic Degree to be held Saturday, February 22, 2020 at Immaculate Heart of Mary Catholic Church,
11385 Grand Drive Northglenn, CO 80233.
If there is a successor to your position: Faithful Navigator, Grand Knight, District Deputy etc., please forward this communication to the proper party and notify us of the change.
The Master’s Letter provides information and guidance to qualify candidates for the honors of the Fourth Degree, and for all in attendance at the Degree.
Please note, the Registration Deadline is February 15, 2020 for filing Registration Form, Form 4 and check payment for each candidate. Any questions regarding registration should be directed
to Registrar, Dale Hutchinson (303) 693-0638 Registrar.CO.KofC.firstname.lastname@example.org
Please comply with the requirements and procedures outlined in the Master’s Letter.
Thank you Brothers,
Bob Sherman, Executive Secretary to:
Roger Muller, District Master
We have several events coming up. Check out the Events Calendar. Also please don’t forget our monthly meetings are the second Thursday of every month!
This morning, I submitted the Bylaws that the council voted on and approved this week. The bylaws were immediately approved. I suspect they were approved so fast since we complied with the template provided by Supreme. The official copy can be found here with the approval date on it.
–Grand Knight John O’Rourke
The new 3rd degree Knights from OLP are:
We had 31 candidates today from Woodland Park, Aurora, Denver, Security and Colorado Springs. The whole event went very well with lots of compliments from all who attended. This included senior state officers, including the next State Deputy Chris Foley, who attend and perform these degree all over the state. Thank you to the Brothers who were able to carve out time today to help pull this off:
Rick Jarrett (likely future transfer)
District Deputy Dan Rolenc
Insurance Agent Rylee Nelson
(Please excuse me for anyone I might have left out)
We’re in the process of creating a new website for the Knights of Columbus Council #11730. All feedback and suggestions welcomed. Please use the contact form or email email@example.com.