Welcome to the website for the Knights of Columbus Council #11730. All feedback and suggestions welcomed. Please use the contact form or email email@example.com.
The first reading of this resolution was completed during the August meeting. The second reading will be during the September meeting.
There will be an opportunity for continued discussion.
A. Be it resolved that Knights of Columbus Council 11730 donate $2000 towards the cost of the new storage building for the Our Lady of The Pines Parish Facilities Directorate. In return, the Knights of Columbus Council 11730 will:
1) Receive dedicated use of the original OLP Facilities Directorate 16X12 storage building located at the Northwest corner of the Parish Hall
2) Vacate the small storage area, located immediately outside the West entrance to the Parish Hall
3) Maintain possession, and use, of the original Knights’ Closet in the East Parish Hall
B. Be it also resolved that Knights of Columbus Council 11730 allocate $1000 towards future site enhancements (ground, amenities, and structural) to bring new storage building/area, access and function, to appropriate levels.
1. OLP needs a much larger storage building for facility maintenance equipment, seasonal decorations, work area for equipment maintenance, and the like. You can see the proposed site for that new structure in the accompanying picture (Light blue arrow). That project should start about Sept 2020. OLP Facilities Directorate will move all of its storage from the shed on the Northwest corner of the Parish Hall (Red arrow in accompanying picture) to the new storage building, when completed.
2. OLP proposed the following:
a. OLP is proposing to offer the current Facility Maintenance shed (Red Arrow) to the Knight’s Council. This is a 12X16 Shed with electricity. As you can see from the picture, it has a double door to the driveway side and a signle door to the right side (blue arrows. Both doors are large enough to move items as large as our grill, Steamer, fryers, etc.
b. Knight’s would retain the current Knights closet in the Parish Hall. However, Knights, would permanently vacate the small storage area (See Green Arrow in accompanying picture) opening onto the patio between Parish Hall and Office Building (move Grill and other Knight’s items out of the small storage area, to the new storage area).
c. The Knights’ Council, 11730, contributes $2000 to OLP to assist in defraying cost for the new storage facility and to acquire the old storage facility. – My comment: Much cheaper than going out and getting a storage shed (with Electricity) of this size.
3. The extra $1000 (referenced in “B.” above) represents site improvements, TBD, around the shed and access areas to/from the shed and patio/Parish Hall/surrounding area of the shed.
We will have an election on June 11th during an on-line business meeting. In order to try to get maximum attendance, we will hold a practice session on June 4th. It will start at 7pm just like the business meeting.
If you haven’t attended an on-line meeting with us, we would like you to stop in and say hello on June 4th. That way you can make sure everything works before the June 11th meeting. The slate of officers were presented in the April meeting and minutes, but they are again listed at the end of this email. Anyone can add their name at any time up until the election.
We will use Greg Sullivan’s E-Z Talks account for the on-line meetings. You can get into the meeting by clicking the link below and following the instructions. The first time you use EZ-Talks, you computer will download and install the EZ-Talks app so it might take a little longer than normal.
If you are having issues, you can call Greg Sullivan: 901-212-7660 (Cell)
On-line meetings work best with head sets because they reduce background noise. There is also a mute option when you don’t want everyone to hear things going on at your house.
Slate of Officers:
Grand Knight: Pierre Gaudreault
Dep. GK: Joe Graff
Chancellor: Jason Miranowski
Recorder: Steve Reed
Treasurer: Jack Perroni
Advocate: Greg Sullivan
Warden: Mack McGuire
Inside Guard: Charlie Walker
Inside Guard: Rod Balak
Outside Guard: Gary Munda
Trustee (3 Yr.): Rodney McNeil
Trustee (2 Yr.): John O’Rourke
Trustee (1 Yr.): Gary Havens
Financial Secretary: Vic Villhard
Dear Brother Knight:
We are accomplishing great things. At this point, through our Leave No Neighbor Behind initiative, we have invested over $1 Million in food banks across the United States and Canada. Due to the unprecedented nature of COVID-19, our need is growing ever greater.
I know that this is not the most opportune time to ask for donations. At the same time, the need has never been greater. Over 20 million people have filed for unemployment and many are relying on resources in their community to put food on the table.
Your assistance is greatly needed. Are you able to help?
As Knights, we pride ourselves on our ability to amplify generosity. Coupling local councils and an international fundraising operation, we can affect change on an exponential level. Plus, 100% of all donations go straight to those we are serving.
If you are able, please stand with us. We can’t do it without you! Even a small gift will allow us to reach out to all of those who need food in our communities. Together we can support those who need us now.
Let’s do this together!
Ronald F. Schwarz
To Donate Click Here
This document contains the resolutions that will be voted on during the 2020 Colorado State Convention Teleconference that should be held on Saturday 25 April 2020. Please review and let your delegates (Mack McGuire, Joe Graff and Pierre Gaudreault) know of any concerns you may have. We want to make informed decisions when we vote so your feedback is important and appreciated.
- Congratulations and thank you to this month’s award winners:
- Knight of the Month: Deacon Bill Bollwerk
- Family of the Month: Patrick and Kristine Barrett
We’re encouraging all to wear our distinctive OLP apparel when participating in parish activities. From our current inventory we have:
- Jackets: 4 size L
- Long Sleeve Shirts: 2 size M
- Short Sleeve Shirts: 3 size XXL, 1 size XL, 2 size L
- Vests: 1 size L
Short sleeve shirts are priced at $15, long sleeve shirts and vests are priced at $20, and jackets are priced at $40. We’re looking for a future supplier but the future prices will be higher. Please come prepared with your payment at the next meeting, if you’re interested in purchasing these items. Our Financial Secretary, Vic Villiard, will be taking those payments. Thank you.
1. There has been a huge change to change to the way Knights will be initiated into the order. There will be one ceremony that will bring new members to full knighthood to replace the separate first, second and third degree ceremonies. In addition, there will be no veil of secrecy for this ceremony and families and the general public will be encouraged to attend.
2. Please don’t discuss the old ceremonies because councils still have them scheduled and they are still secret.
3. Under the new system, first and second degrees can attend the same ceremony as new members to become third degree knights. In the new ceremony, there will be a presenter for each ideal of the order, charity, unity and fraternity, an MC, a warden and a Priest or Deacon (if available). No memorization is required for those conducting the ceremony.
4. The idea behind the change: The old system began development in 1882 when the Knight’s of Columbus competed with other fraternal organizations. It’s initiation process and hierarchy was created to be similar to the other organizations. Although this served well for many years, it has been an impediment for new members in more recent times. The idea of this change was first discussed in 1988 so Supreme was slow to implement it, but they really saw a need at this time.
5. We will in the not to distant future hold the new degree ceremony. It will we for all new members as well as first and second degrees to get up to speed with the new combined degree rank. The only thing keeping us from scheduling it now is we need the training on how to do the new ceremony.
6. The ideal situation is to hold the degree ceremony in conjunction with the Mass.
The Fourth Degree has not changed.
We have several events coming up. Check out the Events Calendar. Also please don’t forget our monthly meetings are the second Thursday of every month!
This morning, I submitted the Bylaws that the council voted on and approved this week. The bylaws were immediately approved. I suspect they were approved so fast since we complied with the template provided by Supreme. The official copy can be found here with the approval date on it.
–Grand Knight John O’Rourke