- This event has passed.
Monthly Council Meeting
July 8, 2021 @ 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm
All are encouraged to attend.
. It would be great if you would consider these questions and come to Thursday’s general meeting with your ideas.
1. Ideas on how to increase our membership? Some ideas so far include:
a. Recruit men that are involved in TMIY
b. Adding a sign on the knight’s kiosk in the foyer with a “Interested in the Knights” “forms are found here”,
c. Getting more exposure in the parish by announcing some of our activities ahead of time and inviting the parish men to join us.
d. Periodic pulpit talks by the GK to explain some of our activities to the parish? Fr. Brad has already approved presenting our check to the youth ministry at the end of mass in a few weeks which will give us a chance to explain to the parish that all the delicious burritos that they buy go back to helping the parish.
2. How can we make our membership meetings more interesting/fun or other ways to increase attendance? Some ideas presented so far include:
a. Coordinating with the youth ministry teams and getting the older youth involved in some of our activities like burritos, fish fry/soup dinner, etc. (This will require safe environment training from everyone that is involved however).
b. Offer more social time at meetings. (Making meetings more concise so it will allow for more social time after the meeting with snacks, drinks etc.)
c. Adding a guest speaker to our meetings on a unique topic of interest such as, grilling/cooking/smoking meat, knight’s benefits (not just insurance but financial planning etc.),
3. Do we want to create an exemplification team?
4. Starting a Monthly zoom rosary with another council?
5. Would it be helpful to receive a Monthly letter to the council members from GK?
6. We would like to add a business directory to the council web site.
7. Finalize a date for a September evening anniversary dinner. September 9th or 10th are our target dates depending on which is available for the facility. Will be starting with a mass in honor of Fr. McGivney and the invite list will include state officers and our new Bishop, Bishop Golka.
8. Father Brad’s priorities: several projects are still in need around the parish. These include:
a. continued pine needle cleanup and some mitigation in the treed areas around the church. Trips to the slash will be needed as well.
b. Some of the memorial pavers are ready to be installed.
c. Lenten Friday evening events (fish fry or simple soup and bread dinner) are also approved.
9. Summer picnic is scheduled for August 1st and we need to plan to prepare food for the event (hamburgers/hot dogs) that will be supplied by the church.
10. Fr Brad has also agreed to allow us to have a Pig roast on a separate date and we would like to target September or October.
11. We would also like to bring back our Taco nights on Saturday after the 4:30pm mass.
12. Burritos are scheduled for Sunday July 25th, but we need more volunteers to help in preparation early Sunday morning? We have also tentatively scheduled August 29th for burritos as well.
We also will have a couple of ‘old business’ items to discuss at the meeting as well. Rod McNeil will update us on the information concerning the new Chesterton Academy at St Gabriel’s. We need to officially approve the May 2021 meeting minutes. And finally, we need someone in the council to prayerfully consider stepping up to fill our Worthy Recorder position. If you have interest in helping the council, please reach out to me or any of the officers and let us know.