We’re encouraging all to wear our distinctive OLP apparel when participating in parish activities. From our current inventory we have:
- Jackets: 4 size L
- Long Sleeve Shirts: 2 size M
- Short Sleeve Shirts: 3 size XXL, 1 size XL, 2 size L
- Vests: 1 size L
Short sleeve shirts are priced at $15, long sleeve shirts and vests are priced at $20, and jackets are priced at $40. We’re looking for a future supplier but the future prices will be higher. Please come prepared with your payment at the next meeting, if you’re interested in purchasing these items. Our Financial Secretary, Vic Villiard, will be taking those payments. Thank you.
1. There has been a huge change to change to the way Knights will be initiated into the order. There will be one ceremony that will bring new members to full knighthood to replace the separate first, second and third degree ceremonies. In addition, there will be no veil of secrecy for this ceremony and families and the general public will be encouraged to attend.
2. Please don’t discuss the old ceremonies because councils still have them scheduled and they are still secret.
3. Under the new system, first and second degrees can attend the same ceremony as new members to become third degree knights. In the new ceremony, there will be a presenter for each ideal of the order, charity, unity and fraternity, an MC, a warden and a Priest or Deacon (if available). No memorization is required for those conducting the ceremony.
4. The idea behind the change: The old system began development in 1882 when the Knight’s of Columbus competed with other fraternal organizations. It’s initiation process and hierarchy was created to be similar to the other organizations. Although this served well for many years, it has been an impediment for new members in more recent times. The idea of this change was first discussed in 1988 so Supreme was slow to implement it, but they really saw a need at this time.
5. We will in the not to distant future hold the new degree ceremony. It will we for all new members as well as first and second degrees to get up to speed with the new combined degree rank. The only thing keeping us from scheduling it now is we need the training on how to do the new ceremony.
6. The ideal situation is to hold the degree ceremony in conjunction with the Mass.
The Fourth Degree has not changed.
We have several events coming up. Check out the Events Calendar. Also please don’t forget our monthly meetings are the second Thursday of every month!
This morning, I submitted the Bylaws that the council voted on and approved this week. The bylaws were immediately approved. I suspect they were approved so fast since we complied with the template provided by Supreme. The official copy can be found here with the approval date on it.
–Grand Knight John O’Rourke
The new 3rd degree Knights from OLP are:
We had 31 candidates today from Woodland Park, Aurora, Denver, Security and Colorado Springs. The whole event went very well with lots of compliments from all who attended. This included senior state officers, including the next State Deputy Chris Foley, who attend and perform these degree all over the state. Thank you to the Brothers who were able to carve out time today to help pull this off:
Rick Jarrett (likely future transfer)
District Deputy Dan Rolenc
Insurance Agent Rylee Nelson
(Please excuse me for anyone I might have left out)
We’re in the process of creating a new website for the Knights of Columbus Council #11730. All feedback and suggestions welcomed. Please use the contact form or email firstname.lastname@example.org.